John Gordon started J & J Special Services in 1976 after retiring from the Bakersfield Police Department, where he served as a Lieutenant and Watch Commander. He employed 18 crossing guards here in Bakersfield.
J & J Special Services now has over 150 employees in Bakersfield, Elk Grove, Sacramento, Tehachapi, Lamont, Arvin, and Rosamond
We are responsible for:
- Placing Crossing Guards at locations requested by the School District
- Hiring and training guards
- Complete Livescan background check through the Department of Justice on each employee
- Complaints, evaluations and discipline of employees
- Providing uniforms and equipment to help guards effectively perform their duties